Dr. Daniel Gottlieb
Affiliated Senior Lecturer
|Office Address:||Department of Economics
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
P.O. Box 653
Beer-Sheva 84105, Israel
|Or Bank of Israel:||Jerusalem 91007, Israel|
Chapters in collective volumes and conference proceedings
- Daniel Gottlieb and Mario Blejer, “Liberalization in the Capital Account of the Balance of Payments,” 2001, (in “From Government Intervention to a Market Economy: The Israeli Economy 1985-1998” A Research Project in Memory of Michael Bruno” ed: Avi Ben-Bassat, Am Oved, Tel-Aviv, 2001, (in Hebrew, forthcoming in English, MIT Press), p. 291-340.
- Daniel Gottlieb, “Globalisation and World Financial Turmoil: A test for Israel’s Economic Policy”, pp. 213-244. in “Small Economies’ Adjustment to Global Challenges”, eds. Zoltan Bara and Laszlo Csaba, Budapest, 2000, Aula Publishing Co. Ltd.<
- Daniel Gottlieb and Jimmy Weinblatt, “Employment of Palestinian Workers in Israel,” in National Report, World Summit for Social Development, Copenhagen, January 1995, pp. 96-100.
- Daniel Gottlieb and Jacob Frenkel, “Economy, History and Challenges, Israel at 50 – History and Economy, IMCE, Paris, France, 1996, pp. 121-127.
- Daniel Gottlieb, “Inflation and Policy Response, the Israeli Case: 1970 – 1989,” Conference Proceedings on “Price Dynamics in Turkey,” May 1990, Antalya, Turkey, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, ed. H. Ersel, Ankara, 1992, pp. 71-91.
- Daniel Gottlieb, Chapters on the Capital Flows in the Balance of Payments, International Reserves and External Debt in the Bank of Israel Annual Report for the years 1982 to 1985 (n.b. the Annual Report is published without the authors’ names)
Refereed articles in scientific journals
- Daniel Gottlieb, “From Welfare to Work: Income Support of the Working Age Population in Israel” (Hebrew), May 2001, forthcoming in The Economic Quarterly, pp. 1-38.
- Daniel Gottlieb, “Compliance to the Minimum-Wage-Law and its enforcement in Israel” (Hebrew), September 2000, Quarterly Israeli Review on Taxation, Vol. 110, 27, p. 65-84.
- Daniel Gottlieb and Sigal Ribon, “Private capital imports and monetary policy in Israel: 1988 to 1997,”jointly with Sigal Ribon (in Hebrew), The Economic Quarterly, Year No. 46, May 1999, pp. 136-172.
- Daniel Gottlieb, “Why the economy has grown so rapidly,” Central Banking, Vol. VII, No.3, Winter 1996/1997, pp. 58-60.
- Daniel Gottlieb and Arie Arnon, “An economic analysis of the Palestinian economy: the West Bank and Gaza, 1968 – 1991,” Bank of Israel Economic Review, May 1995.
- Daniel Gottlieb and Avi Ben Bassat, “Optimal International Reserves and Sovereign Risk,” Journal of International Economics, 1992.
- Daniel Gottlieb and Avi Ben Bassat, “A Note on the Effect of Opportunity Cost on International Reserve Holdings,” Review of Economics and Statistics, 74, May 1992.
- Daniel Gottlieb, “On the Determinants of a Country’s Creditworthiness, The Case of Israel, 1971 to 1983,” Journal of Economic Development, Vol. 14, No. 1, June 1989.
- Daniel Gottlieb, Rafi Melnick and Sylvia Pieterman, “Inflationary Expectations in Israel: A Multiple Indicators Approach,” Journal of Business & Economics Statistics, Vol. 3 No. 2., April 1985, pp. 112-117.
- Daniel Gottlieb, “Tax Evasion and the Prisoner’s Dilemma,” Mathematical Social Sciences, Vol. 10, 1985, North-Holland, pp. 81 - 89.
- Daniel Gottlieb and Sylvia Pieterman, “Inflationary Expectations in Israel, 1965 – 1980,” Bank of Israel Economic Review, No. 57, December 1983, pp. 1-25.
Published scientific reports and technical papers
- Daniel Gottlieb, “On the Characteristics of the Unemployed in Israel” (Hebrew), August 2001, http://www.bankisrael.gov.il/deptdata/neumim/neum070h.htm p. 1-12.
- Daniel Gottlieb, Karnit Flug, Nitsa Kassir, “Proposal for changes in the Minimum Wage Law” (Hebrew), July 2000, www.bankisrael.gov.il, p. 1-34.
- Daniel Gottlieb, “Aspects of Swedish Monetary Policy and Deregulation in the 1980s” in Recent Economic Developments, IMF Article IV Mission to Sweden, 1988.
- Daniel Gottlieb, "Poverty and Labor Market Behavior in the Jewish Ultra-Orthodox Society in Israel" (in Hebrew, English Abstract), July, 2007, Policy Research Series, Policy Research 4, The Van Leer Jerusalem Institute, www.vanleer.org.il/econsoc/pdf/1_research_mdiniut4.pdf, p. 1-55.
- Daniel Gottlieb, “On the Peace Dividend for Israel,” unpublished mimeograph, November 1995, Research Department.
- Daniel Gottlieb, "Effects of foreign workers on the labor market in Israel", as part of a project on "Globalization and its consequences", The Pinhas Sapir Forum, Tel-Aviv University.
- Daniel Gottlieb, "Infrastructure and unemployment - Is there a connection?", Bank of Israel.
- Daniel Gottlieb, "What determines the relative size of the 3rd sector in the economy - An international comparison", The Israeli Center for Third Sector Research, Ben-Gurion University.
- Daniel Gottlieb, Nitsa Kassir and Osnat Peled, "A program for the reduction of unemployment", Bank of Israel
- Israeli Economic Association, 2001, Gaash, Israel, “From Welfare to Work: Income Support of the Working Age Population in Israel” (Hebrew)
- European Association for Comparative Economic Studies (EACES), Third Budapest Workshop, Budapest, Hungary, 3-4 September, 1999 and United Nations /ECE Annual Commission Meetings, Geneva, 4-6 May, 1999: “The Challenge for Monetary Policy from World Financial Turmoil: The Case of Israel.”
- Workshop on Financial Market Data for International Stability, Centre For Central Bank Studies, Bank of England, UK, 11-15 January, 1999: “Financial Fragility in the World Economy as a Challenge for Monetary Policy in a Small Open Economy: The Case of Israel – 1997 to early 1999.”
- Israeli Economic Association, 1996, Ben Gurion University in the Negev, Beer Sheva, “Private capital imports and monetary policy in Israel: 1988 to 1997”
- Israeli Economic Association, Jerusalem, 1996, “An Economic Analysis of the Palestinian Economy: the West Bank and Gaza, 1968 – 1991
- Institute for Peace Research, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, 1996, Japan and East Asia: Lessons for the Developments of the Middle East in the Era of Peace, “An Economic Analysis of the Peace Dividend”
- Joint Seminar of “Macroeconomic Modeling” and the “World Bank,” Washington DC, 1994, “An Economic Analysis of the Palestinian Economy.”
- Congress of the European Economic Association, Helsinki, Finland, 1993: “An Economic Analysis of the Palestinian Economy.”
- BESA Center for Strategic Studies, “On the Peace Dividend for Israel,” Conference on the Peace process in the Middle East, November 1993
- Sixth Annual Congress of the European Economic Association,: “Optimal International Reserves and Sovereign Risk.”, August 1991, Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Workshop on Price Dynamics, Antalya, Turkey, 7-10 May, 1990, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey “Inflation and Policy Response, The Israeli Case: 1970-1989.”
- Israeli Economic Association, 1985, “On the Determinants of a Country’s Creditworthiness, The Case of Israel, 1971 to 1983”, Tel Aviv.